Your essay should include brief descriptions of the training experiences:
• The target audience
• The objective(s) of the training (see Week 5)
• The training site
• Training methods used (see Weeks 7 and 8)
The major focus of your paper is your analysis, which is worth 65% of the grade for this assignment. Your analysis should include:
• An assessment of the specific factors that contributed to the success or ineffectiveness of the training; for example, consider these questions:
o Did the training achieve its objective(s)?
o Was the training site conducive to learning?
o Were the methods chosen appropriate for the topic and the audience?
o Did you have opportunities to practice and receive feedback?
• A discussion of the learning theory or theories that you believe guided the training (see Week 4).
• A discussion of how your learning as well as the overall effectiveness of the training were evaluated (see Week 6).
• An assessment of the competencies, knowledge, and/or skills demonstrated or not demonstrated by the trainer(s). The ATD competency model (see Week 1) is a good resource.
• A discussion of whether or not you transferred what you learned to your job, and what contributed to your successful or unsuccessful transfer (see Week 4).
• Your specific recommendations for improving the training, based on what you now know about effective training programs.